UTICA – The Utica Police Department is investigating after a man allegedly approached children on their way to school Wednesday morning.
Police say around 11 a.m. Wednesday, officers responded to Kernan Elementary School and spoke with a student who said she was walking to school with her sister in the area of Noyes Street at York Street when a white male in his 30’s pulled up to them and made an inappropriate comment. He was reportedly driving a dark colored vehicle, possibly a Nissan.
The student told police that the man drove away after making the comment, but a short time later he came back around the block and made the same comment, then drove away again.
The incident was reported to school officials and then police.
Utica police are encouraging people to report any suspicious activity in the area to 315-735-3301 or 911.
- Utica police investigating after man allegedly approached children before school
- Ride for Missing Children Deadline Approaching
- Utica Dollars for Scholars deadline approaching
- Utica man allegedly stabbed grandmother, then lit her on fire
- Utica police investigating local car break-ins
- Utica police investigate fatal train pedestrian accident
- Utica police investigating death on William Street
- Police investigate stabbing in downtown Utica apartment
- Utica Police investigate Brinckerhoff Ave. shooting
- Deadline approaches for Rome police exam