UTICA – The Utica Police Department is conducting a death investigation after a woman was found unconscious in her William Street apartment on Friday.
Utica Police officials say police officers and firefighters responded to a medical call around 6:30 Friday morning at 608 William St. and found a female unconscious inside the first floor apartment. She was attended to at the scene by the Utica Fire Department and then transported to St. Elizabeth Medical Center, where she was pronounced dead.
Police say the circumstances of her death are currently under investigation.
The woman's landlord, Father Michael Bundz who is also the pastor at St. Vladimir Ukranian Catholic Church in West Utica, says police contacted him Friday morning and informed him of his tenant's death.
Father Bundz says police asked him some questions, including about the last time he saw the woman. He says he saw her Thursday afternoon around 2:30 when she had called him because the air conditioning in her apartment wasn't working. He says she was with her boyfriend at the time.
News Channel 2 is choosing to not release the woman's name until police make a positive identifcation and release that information.
We’ll provide more information as it becomes available.
- Utica police investigating death on William Street
- UPDATE: Utica police investigating homicide on Elizabeth Street in Utica
- Utica police investigating reported shots fired on Blandina Street
- Police confirm possible overdose death in Utica
- Utica police investigating local car break-ins
- Police investigate stabbing in downtown Utica apartment
- Utica police investigate fatal train pedestrian accident
- UPDATE: Utica police ID man killed in Bleecker Street shooting
- Utica Police: Bleecker Street homicide suspect arrested in Pennsylvania
- Utica police ID teen killed in Elizabeth Street shooting