UTICA, N.Y. -- Utica police are looking for your help with the investigation into Utica's brutal double homicide on Tilden Avenue.
They’ve been searching for a cell phone they say was used by double murder homicide suspect Naythen Aubain.
Aubain, 29 of Utica, is accused of killing his 90-year-old grandmother and their landlord, 87-year-old Jane Wentka, on Tilden Avenue in Utica back on January 6.
Police say Aubain is believed to have discarded his cell phone near where he crashed his vehicle in the 800 to 900 block of Bleecker Street the night of the brutal murders.
Police say it’s an iPhone and they’re asking anyone who may have it, or knows who might possess it, to turn it into police as it may contain evidence pertinent to the investigation.
Anyone with information is asked to call police at 315-534-0051 or to submit an anonymous tip through Mohawk Valley Crimestoppers online, or by calling 1-866-730-8477.
- Utica police looking for cell phone linked to double murder suspect
- UFD: Cell phone charger started Utica fire that displaced 4
- UPD: Continue to send tips on Utica homicide suspect's cell phone
- Police: 'Concerning' email linked to murder-suicide
- Griffo, AT&T kick off annual 'Cell Phones For Soldiers' collection
- Father of Utica murder suspect apologizes
- Utica police seek Stewart's Shops robbery suspect
- Utica police seek help identifying burglary suspect
- Utica police searching for arson suspect
- Case delayed for Utica attempted murder suspect due to attorneys