UTICA – A 10-year member of the Utica Police Department has been arrested for an alleged assault.
Utica police say on May 13, they arrested Officer Jacob Penree and charged him with third-degree assault. Penree is accused of initiating an altercation on Culver Court in Utica on May 12, which caused facial injuries to the victim.
Police say they initiated both a criminal investigation and an internal investigation once they were notified about the incident.
Penree has been a member of the Utica Police Department for 10 years and he is currently in a training assignment with the department’s Criminal Investigations Division. Police say he was not on duty at the time of the alleged assault.
Penree is currently suspended without pay, and he’s scheduled to appear in Utica City Court on May 30 for arraignment.
- Utica police officer accused of off-duty assault
- Trial date set for Utica police officer accused of assaulting firefighter
- Utica police officers recognized for going beyond the call of duty
- Utica Police promote two officers
- Utica Police officer pleads not guilty to assaulting man during fight
- Judge waiting for written plea offer in Utica police officer assault case
- Utica police officer charged with DWI
- Utica police welcome first-ever Karen officer
- Utica police need your help locating man wanted for assault
- Recognizing outstanding performance on duty