UTICA, N.Y. – Utica police say someone reported a suspicious man in a white van allegedly asking a child to come to him while he was waiting for the school bus Monday morning.
Police say the child was in the area of Oneida and Prospect streets when the man approached around 8:15 a.m.
When the child refused to walk toward the man, he reportedly got out of the van. The child then ran away and hid until the man left.
The only descriptive detail released about the man is that he is white.
Police say no similar incidents have been reported.
The Criminal Investigations Division is searching for witnesses, and asks anyone who has information to call the Utica Police Department at 315-223-3516.
- Utica police searching for man who allegedly attempted to lure child into van
- Van fire in Utica
- Utica police investigating after man allegedly approached children before school
- Oneida police searching for attempted arson suspect
- Utica man charged with attempted robbery
- Utica man charged with third-degree rape after allegedly having sex with a child
- Police searching for suspect accused of attempting to rob Utica cab driver
- Utica police searching for arson suspect
- Police continue search for Utica homicide suspect
- Syracuse man accused of sexually assaulting, attempting to abduct child in Utica