UTICA, N.Y. -- It started with increased surveillance in Utica parks, and now Utica police will be regularly patrolling.
The city unveiled a new tool for the job – a utility terrain vehicle or UTV.
It can access parks and places where police have historically have had a difficult time responding in the past.
The mayor says Utica has the state's third largest park system in the state, behind New York City and Buffalo.
The new UTV will also be used during winter storms.
The cost of the UTV is about $30,000.
- Utica police will be regularly patrolling Proctor Park
- Sal Longo Field construction begins at Utica's TR Proctor Park
- Veterans Day Run at Proctor Park
- Bridge restoration project completed in Proctor Park
- Downtown foot patrol in Utica
- Utica Proctor Football team honored at Wednesday's Common Council Meeting
- Utica honors late Proctor grad with 'Will Smith Way'
- Proctor Park hosts "Stop The Violence Kickball Tournament"
- New Sal Longo Field opens at Proctor Park
- Pothole patrol officially kicks off in Utica