UTICA, N.Y. -- An arrest has been made following the Brinckerhoff Avenue shooting in Utica.
Lloyd Durant, 18 of Utica, is charged with criminal possession of a weapon, assault, and criminal possession of a firearm.
Durant inadvertently shot the victim, 21-year-old Mohamedamin Hayder of Utica, in the pelvis after a fight broke out between a group of people back on May 21.
Hayder's injuries were not life-threatening.
- Utica teen charged in May shooting on Brinckerhoff Avenue
- Utica woman arrested for Brinckerhoff Avenue stabbing
- Utica Police investigate Brinckerhoff Ave. shooting
- Utica police make fourth arrest in shots fire incident on Brinckerhoff Avenue
- Brinckerhoff shooting victim in stable condition, no suspect in custody
- Teenager arrested following Utica shooting on Lincoln Avenue
- Utica teen indicted by grand jury in teen shooting death
- Utica man charged in Cornhill shooting incident
- Grand jury adds murder charge in case of Utica teen's shooting death
- Teen injured in late night shooting in Utica