A Utica woman is facing felony charges after she allegedly stole property from several local stores, according to the New Hartford Police Department.
Samantha Litz, 29, is charged with misdemeanor petit larceny and the felonies of third-degree grand larceny and fourth-degree grand larceny.
Police say on the night of Sept. 15, they responded to a local beauty supply store for a report that a white female had taken numerous cosmetic items and then left the store without paying for them. When she was confronted by a store employee, she fled the area in a vehicle, according to police.
New Hartford police then put out a “be on the lookout” notice to other local police departments that included the description of the suspect and vehicle, and the Whitestown Police Department stopped the vehicle on Oriskany Boulevard in Yorkville a short time later.
Whitestown police were able to identify the passenger, Litz, as the suspect in the theft, and they also found a large amount of property in the vehicle that turned out to be stolen from several other stores in New Hartford, according to police.
Litz was charged and arraigned in the Town of New Hartford Court, and she’s scheduled to appear in court again at a later date.
- Utica woman accused of stealing from several stores in New Hartford
- New Hartford woman accused of stealing from Kirkland Arts Center
- Utica man accused of attempted burglary in New Hartford
- Former Utica National Insurance employee accused of stealing from company
- Utica woman accused of stabbing female victim
- Utica man accused of lewd act inside Herkimer convenience store
- Utica man accused of selling untaxed cigarettes at Herkimer store
- Woman killed in New Hartford house fire
- New toy store opens in New Hartford Shopping Plaza
- Rome woman accused of stealing $12K from elderly man