UTICA, N.Y. -- Dozens of people gathered at the Aqua Vino Restaurant for the annual Ugly Sweater 5K Sunday.
Runners showed up dressed in festive attire.
The trail followed the Erie Canal. Inside runners enjoyed drinks and live music, all of this to benefit a good cause.
“It was great out there. The weather held off for the second half and then it started opening up pretty good. Heck of a tail wind on the way out and right in your face on the way in, so it was fun. I love pitching in, Mike Samuri is the one that put this on, he does a really good job all of his event are a lot fun and I always give stuff to charities," said runner John Belisle.
"I brought my friends out to have some fun before Christmas. Its freezing, it’s cold but we are still going to have fun,” said another runner Amber Murphy.
All of the proceeds from the run benefit the rescue mission.
- Utica's Ugly Sweater Run benefits rescue mission
- More than 300 run in ugly sweaters to support the Rescue Mission of Utica
- Newstalk: Utica Rescue Mission Donations
- Newstalk: Rescue Mission of Utica
- NEWSTALK: Utica Rescue Mission Thanksgiving
- NewsTalk: Slambovian Circus of Dreams concert benefits Utica Rescue Mission
- Public invited to gourmet buffet to benefit Utica Rescue Mission
- Utica Rescue Mission preparing to serve thousands
- Mug Club: Rescue Mission of Utica Banquet
- Rescue Mission goals