Photo Gallery 3 Images
OLD FORGE – An SUV ended up in the Old Forge Pond on Tuesday afternoon, and its recovery was caught on camera.
The 2016 Subaru SUV went into the pond around 1:30 p.m. on Tuesday. Town of Webb Police Chief Ronald Johnston says a supervisor for the National Weather Service pulled into the parking lot next to the covered bridge to check on a weather station and got out of the vehicle without putting it in park.
The SUV then rolled forward into the canoe launch and into the pond, then floated in the pond toward the tennis courts and beach.
The police chief says the water in the pond is 8-10 feet deep.
Jack Marshall shot a video of the aftermath on his cell phone and sent it to NEWSChannel 2. He says someone had to go into the water to hook the vehicle up to be towed out, which can be seen in the video.
Chief Johnston says that nobody was injured in the incident, and no tickets have been issued.
- VIDEO: Vehicle ends up in Old Forge Pond
- Old Forge welcomes home Maddie Phaneuf
- Snodeo 2018 wraps up in Old Forge
- Olympic pride welcome at Winter Carnival in Old Forge
- Old Forge native Maddie Phaneuf to compete in biathlon Wednesday
- Old Forge celebrates St. Patrick's Day with annual parade
- Old Forge residents unhappy about proposed Dollar General
- Weather makes for an early winter season in Old Forge
- Winter break causes tourism to skyrocket in Old Forge
- Multiple shots fired at Twin Ponds in New York Mills