VERONA- High School students at Vernon-Verona-Sherrill Central schools hosted a pancake breakfast to benefit the FFA Chapter.
Locals went to the VVS High School to feast on blueberry, corn, chocolate chip, and plain pancakes. There was also eggs, sausage, and bacon available.
All proceeds from Saturday's breakfast go to the FFA student chapter.
Instructors say they're impressed with the students taking charge. "I think the best part is to see the leadership of the students and to see them organizing this and runnning this, it's quite amazing," said Agriculture Educator, Sarah Ouellette.
Students working the breakfast said this is an event they look forward to all year long."Connecting with the community is something I love to do, whether its through FFA or through horseback riding or working at the local food store, its something I look forward to all year long," said Gabby Adams, Student Chapter President.
Maple weekend continues March 24, 30, 31.
Breakfast -7:30 a.m.- 12 p.m. at VVS High School
Maple sales and tours from 9 a.m.- 1 p.m.
- Vernon-Verona-Sherrill students host maple breakfast
- Pure Maple Month Kickoff
- Boy Scouts host pancake breakfast
- Mug Club: Sherrill Quilt Show
- Harried Housewife: Maple Walnut Bars
- Bus crashes in Vernon with 19 VVS students on board
- Rogue horse and pony captured in Sherrill
- Vacant house gutted by fire in Sherrill
- NY creates state certification for maple syrup
- NewsTalk: Beth Irons' Apple Maple Crumble Pie