VERONON, N.Y. – Ahead of the Kentucky Derby Saturday, Vernon Downs has released its updated health and safety guidelines for operating during the coronavirus pandemic.
All guests will have their temperature checked before entering, and must proof of vaccination or a negative COVID-19 test from the past 72 hours.
Masks will be required at all times unless seated, eating or drinking.
A maximum of 650 fans will be allowed at the track on racing days, due to current state capacity restrictions. The track doors will open at 10:30 a.m. on Fridays and Saturdays.
Food will be available for purchase at track concessions and Miracle Miles, but not at Gold Cup.
The following are the maximum numbers of fans allowed in each area of the track:
- Up to 100 fans inside the track entrance and Mutuels area
- Up to 150 fans in Miracle Mile
- Up to 200 fans in the Gold Cup seating area
- Up to 200 fans in the grandstands
Weather permitting, fans can sit outside at picnic tables.
There will be a limited number of tellers to take bets and cash tickets, but self-bet machines will also be available.
The Simulcast room located in the hotel will be limited to no more than 25 guests. The hours will be:
- Sunday to Tuesday from 11:30 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Wednesdays and Thursdays from 11:30 a.m. to 11 p.m.
- Fridays and Saturdays at 10:30 a.m. (only available at the track on these days)
Post time for all races is 6:10 p.m., except on holiday or special events.
For the Kentucky Derby, post time is set for 4:30 p.m.