VERNON, N.Y. - An accident in Vernon lead to several charges against a Syracuse man, including DWI and a weapon possession charge.
The accident happened on Route 365 near Turning Stone Casino Resort on November 11th.
New York State Police said Brian K. Wilson, 48, failed to yield the right of way while doing a U-turn and crashed into a car driven by Kenet S. Staten Jr., 24, of Brewerton.
Authorities said while investigating, they smelled alcohol on Wilson's breath. A subsequent sobriety test indicated Wilson was intoxicated. Wilson was taken into custody for DWI and a DMV police said check showed his driver's license was suspended.
A further investigation also revealed there was an active order of protection in place between Wilson and his 47 year old female passenger. Police also said a stun gun was located inside the vehicle.
Wilson was charged with DWI, driving with a BAC of .08% or greater, criminal contempt, criminal possession of a weapon, and aggravated unlicensed operation.
- Vernon crash leads to DWI and Weapon charges
- Alleged DWI leads to multi-vehicle crash in Lewis County
- Traffic stop leads to aggravated DWI charge for Rome man
- Vernon man facing animal cruelty charges
- Gloversville man charged with DWI after crashing ARC van
- Ilion woman charged with DWI following 1-car crash
- Trenton man charged with aggravated DWI following 2-vehicle crash
- 78-year-old New Hartford woman charged with DWI in crash
- Sherrill man charged with DWI in Verona crash
- Utica woman charged with DWI after crashing car on Thruway