VERNON, N.Y. -- A log cabin was destroyed and one man was injured after a propane tank exploded at the Vernon home.
The Vernon fire chief says the man, who was the landlord of the cabin, was trying to light the pilot on a propane stove, but a leak in the propane line caused an explosion. The force of the explosion blew the man across the room and took out an entire wall of the cabin.
The man suffered first-degree burns to his face, and was treated at the scene. He declined to seek further treatment at a hospital.
- Vernon man suffers first-degree burns after propane tank explodes outside log cabin
- Michigan boy suffers second degree burns in 'fire challenge'
- Vernon man facing animal cruelty charges
- "It was lit like a blowtorch" - Propane tank catches fire leading to house catching fire in Rome
- Man sentenced in Rome log skidder chase
- West Utica streets reopened after propane leak
- Man killed, teen injured in head-on crash in Vernon
- Canastota man accused of raping child in Vernon
- Vernon Center man arrested after making threats with a knife
- Vernon Downs prepares for upcoming racing season