UTICA, N.Y. -- Local veterans and active military members are getting a quick pick-me-up with a free haircut at the CNY Veterans Outreach Center.
A barber and hair stylist volunteered their time to give free haircuts to veterans and members of the military Monday.
Representatives with the center say they have been offering the service for more than 10 years.
It's a way to thank those who have served or are serving and all that they have given to their communities. The executive director says it benefits many people who are on a fixed income and it gives people a little boost in their day.
“A little something like saving $20 for a haircut goes along way, but it's also a motivator every buddy latest to get a feeling of a nice new haircut. And how they look I mean even when you're still an active duty. So it's a big thing one with the sergeant let you go to the PX, and get a haircut it's something that makes you feel good about yourself -- so happy that way too,” said CNY Veterans Outreach Center Executive Director Vincent Scalise.
Scalise says every year roughly 20 people show up to get their hair cut.
- Vets get fresh haircut at CNY Veterans Outreach Center
- A big CNY Veterans Outreach Center thank you!
- White Party raises money for CNY Veteran's Outreach Center
- Consider donating broken Christmas lights to CNY Veterans Outreach Center
- Tenney makes donation to Veterans Outreach Center
- Veterans Outreach Center Apartments Now Open
- Renovations to Veterans Outreach Center gym now complete
- A sneak peek inside the newly renovated Veterans Outreach Center
- Mug Club: Veteran's Outreach Center Holiday Baskets & Services