LITTLE FALLS N.Y.- With Veterans Day just around the corner, local veterans are being honored.
Around 60 veterans who served in the Vietnam War were honored Wednesday evening at Elks Lodge #42 in Little Falls.
The ceremony was set up by the Little Falls Rotary Club.
The purpose of the ceremony was to recognize, honor, and thank United States Military Veterans.
"We know that freedom is not free, and it is the men and women of our armed forces who couragously serve our nation. Who pay that price on behalf of all Americans, this commeration ceremomy honors all veterans who served regardless of location from November 1st 1955 through May 15th 1975." said Larry Sargeany from the US Army.
Every Veteran honored was presented a label pin in a dignified manner thanking them for their service and sacrifice.
- Vietnam Veterans honored in Little Falls Wednesday
- Vietnam veterans honored at Parkway Center ceremony
- NEWSTALK: Rome Vietnam Veterans Memorial
- Local Vietnam veterans to be honored at pinning ceremony
- Walmart donates to Rome's Vietnam Veterans Memorial
- Local Vietnam veteran recently honored with twin brother dies at age 68
- Congressman Brindisi's 'Blue Water Navy Vietnam Veterans Act' passes House
- More than 60 Vietnam War veterans recognized for service at pinning ceremony
- Veterans honored at Richfield Springs Central School
- Boonville banners will honor North Country Veterans