CLINTON NY, - Constitution Week is being celebrated this month and the Village of Clinton is doing their part.
Monday, Village of Clinton Mayor Steve Bellona issued a proclamation recognizing September 17th as Constitution Day in the village.
Members of the Oneida Chapter of the National Society of the Daughters of the American Revolution were on hand to receive the proclamation.
Constitution Week Committee Chairwoman Leslie Raney says the Constitution is all the more important in this day and age.
“We are seeing a lot of political division in our nation. The Constitution is an enduring piece that helps people govern themselves despite their differences.”
This year marks the 64th anniversary of Constitution Week.
- Village of Clinton doing its part to celebrate Constitution Week
- Village of Clinton celebrates the beginning of Hanukkah
- Clinton celebrates Memorial Day
- How constitutional scholars talk when they talk about the Constitution
- Local couple celebrates 75th wedding anniversary at Acacia Village
- Village of Oriskany celebrates retirement of Mayor Don Rothdiener
- What constitutes sexual harassment in the workplace?
- The feasibility of a joint fire district discussed at Village of Clinton Board of Trustees meeting
- Village and Town election results
- Clinton celebrates Hockeyville USA title with events all weekend