HERKIMER – The Village of Herkimer now has a plan for the future.
The village board ratified a master plan for the Village of Herkimer Tuesday evening.
That plan, which has been in the works for the past three to four years, is known as the Village of Herkimer Master Plan 2020.
Thanks to input from a community survey, Brion Carroll, chairman of the Village of Herkimer Planning Committee, says a draft proposal was put together highlighting the direction residents want to see the village take in the year 2020 and beyond.
“One of the core ideas is to develop the Village of Herkimer to be the retail center of Herkimer County. To do it in a way that is centered on what we call retail corridors. What we have is an offering to the people who live here or are visiting here to be able to know that there is a good community here for both national and international chains, as well as local mom and pops.”
Carroll said that having a plan in place will help the village when it seeks grant funding for future projects.
Click here to view the master plan.
- Village of Herkimer Master Plan 2020 is now a reality
- Implementing Herkimer’s Master Plan
- Herkimer mayoral candidates discuss future plans for village
- BOIL WATER ADVISORY: Village of Herkimer
- Utica Common Council approves Parks Master Plan
- Herkimer County Jail plans continue to progress
- Back to reality
- Asthmatic otter masters inhaler
- Village of Herkimer issues cease and desist letter for county jail
- Oneonta Rail Yards may be included in city's master plan