ILION – The village of Ilion is working on buying and redeveloping the former Duofold manufacturing property.
The village board voted to move forward with submitting an offer on the property, which is currently in bankruptcy proceedings.
The village treasurer says the village has to take ownership of the property before it can begin the process of cleaning up the soil contamination. The goal is to have the site ready to sell it to a developer who may want to purchase it in the future.
The amount of the purchase offer is not being released.
- Village of Ilion working on buying former Duofold property
- Ilion buys the Duofold site
- Ilion looks to begin development on former Duofold building
- Former Duofold building sparking interest with developers
- Village of Ilion makes history with first female firefighter
- Ilion village board approves 10 percent water rate hike
- Water main breaks continue to burden Village of Ilion
- UPDATE: Boil water advisory lifted for Village of Ilion
- UPDATE: Boil water order lifted for village of Ilion
- Pathfinder Village getting grant to help buy refrigerated van