UTICA, N.Y. -- New this year at the Boilermaker Road Race is an interactive simulation video that will be filmed on Sunday to be used by runners after the race to compete and train virtually.
The company putting it together is called "Outside Interactive" based out of Massachusetts.
There will be two people on segways recording the race from the runner's perspective.
"The message for our folks locally is if you are a spectator and you've been coming out to this race for years, you're going to be a part of this video. So just get out there before 7, and look for two people on segways, one will be the cameraman, and one will have a big sign that says cheer,” said Boilermaker President Mark Donovan.
Race officials say to act just as you would if runners were going by, hand them a water bottle, cheer and clap, and other things that will encourage them on in order to make the video as realistic as possible.
The video will be able to be downloaded to any smart device.
- Virtual training is in Boilermaker runners future with 'interactive video'
- Interactive Boilermaker Section
- Early access, deferral runner registration opens for Boilermaker 15K 2016
- 4 local high school runners awarded Boilermaker Road Race scholarships
- First-time Boilermaker runner? Apply now for Go The Distance!
- Boilermaker 2018 - Get ready to cheer the runners on!
- Meet this year's 10 Go the Distance Boilermaker runners
- Watch runners take on Boilermaker 5K start line
- Virtual Training slowly becoming a reality for law enforcement
- Local runners, law enforcement talk runners safety