REMSEN -- After nearly four decades, the Remsen Barn Festival is back for yet another weekend filled with food, games, and live entertainment.
The festival starts Saturday, but volunteers started preparing for the big day early. Rob Johnstone is a vendor at this year’s festival. He says preparing for the festival has its challenges.
"The work starts probably a month ago,” Johnstone said. “So, we're starting to bake, starting to do our jars, and just the planning to make sure we have enough product."
John Wdowin has been a vendor at the festival for the entire 39 years that it has been around. He says coming back is like a tradition.
“This is a friendly town. A great little town, and this is a great business to be in."
The festival takes place Saturday and Sunday at 10 a.m. Pets are not allowed.
- Volunteers prepare for the 39th annual Remsen Barn Festival
- Fire officials take safety precautions at the 39th annual Remsen Barn Festival
- Mug Club: 39th Annual Friendship Craft Festival
- Newstalk: Annual Festival of Baskets
- Remsen's Erin Hamlin qualifies for 4th Olympics
- Remsen community celebrates Hamlin's decorated career
- Remsen residents clean up after blizzard
- Remsen man accused of robbing Walmart pharmacy for Hydrocodone
- Rome police: Fentanyl found on Remsen woman during traffic stop
- Remsen Olympian Erin Hamlin featured in Cosmo article