Three months after she was convicted of first-degree manslaughter, 24-year-old Kaitlyn Conley of Sauquoit has been sentenced to 23 years in state prison.
Conley was sentenced Thursday, Jan. 11 in Oneida County Court. Following her prison sentence, Conley will also serve five years of post-release supervision.
Conley was convicted of poisoning her chiropractor boss, Dr. Mary Yoder, to death in 2015 using the common gout medicine Colchicine. Conley worked as a receptionist and office manager for the Yoder family’s chiropractic office in Whitesboro, and she also dated her boss’s son, Adam Yoder, on and off.
In court on Thursday, Adam Yoder, his two sisters and his father all read victim impact statements. Mary Yoder’s sister read a statement on behalf of Conley, who she claims is innocent.
Conley also proclaimed her own innocence in court on Thursday, saying the justice system had failed.
NEWSChannel 2 has received several requests to view the full sentencing from Thursday. You can view each part of the sentencing here:
- WATCH: Full sentencing for Kaitlyn Conley
- Kaitlyn Conley murder trial to begin Monday
- Kaitlyn Conley sentenced to 23 years in prison; Conley says 'I am innocent'
- Kaitlyn Conley murder retrial to begin with jury selection
- UPDATE: Kaitlyn Conley convicted of first-degree manslaughter
- WATCH: Preview Friday's Dateline NBC episode on Mary Yoder, Kaitlyn Conley
- Sign soliciting letters in support of Kaitlyn Conley appears in Sauquoit
- Jury selected for Kaitlyn Conley murder trial; Opening arguments to begin Tuesday
- Thirty prosecution witnesses take the stand in Kaitlyn Conley murder trial