UTICA - The fourth annual Central New York Memorial Stair Climb is set to kick off in Utica at 8:46 a.m. Saturday.
More than 420 firefighters, law enforcement officers and EMS personnel will climb 110 flights of stairs at the Utica State Office Building in honor of the first responders who died on Sept. 11, 2001.
Climbers will be wearing full turnout gear and uniforms, and they will carry a tag representing the first responder they're climbing in honor of. At the end of their climb, they'll walk across the stage and place the first responder's tag on a memory board.
Several members from FDNY who were working on 9/11 will also be in attendance.
The opening ceremony will be held at 8:30 a.m., followed by a moment of silence at 8:45 a.m. The first wave of climbers will enter the building at 8:46 a.m., the same time that the first plane struck the North Tower on 9/11.
A livestream of the event will begin at 8 a.m. You can watch along here:
- WATCH LIVE: 4th annual CNY Memorial Stair Climb in Utica
- NewsTalk: CNY Memorial Stair Climb
- NewsTalk: 4th annual CNY Memorial Stair Climb on Saturday
- 400 take part in 4th annual CNY Memorial StaIr Climb
- CNY Memorial Stair Climb draws hundreds
- Annual CNY Memorial Stair Climb set for Sept. 7
- Texas Roadhouse hosts fundraiser for CNY Memorial Stair Climb
- Retired FDNY firefighter in town for CNY Memorial Stair Climb
- CNY Stair Climb holds fundraiser for upcoming event
- CNY Memorial Stair Climb registration to begin Sunday for first responders