NBC has released a preview of tomorrow night's episode of Dateline titled "Poisoned," which focuses on the poisoning death of local chiropractor Mary Yoder and how her son's ex-girlfriend, Kaitlyn Conley of Sauquoit, became a suspect in the case.
Dr. Mary Yoder died of Colchicine poisoning in July 2015, but it wasn't until June 2016 that 24-year-old Kaitlyn Conley was charged with the crime.
Conley was convicted of first-degree manslaughter on Nov. 6 following a three-week retrial in Oneida County Court. She was initially charged with second-degree murder and two counts of falsifying business records, but a jury found her guilty of the lesser charge of manslaughter that was added on by the prosecution.
Conley's first trial for second-degree murder ended with a hung jury in May. She's scheduled to be sentenced on the manslaughter charge on Jan. 11, 2018.
"The unexplained death of a beloved chiropractor becomes a criminal investigation when authorities discover she’d been poisoned," the description for the Dateline NBC episode reads. "Detectives focus on her own family before an anonymous letter leads them to the unlikeliest of suspects."
The two-hour episode will air at 9 p.m. Friday on NBC. You can watch the preview here:
- WATCH: Preview Friday's Dateline NBC episode on Mary Yoder, Kaitlyn Conley
- Dateline NBC correspondent discusses Conley/Yoder episode
- Conley Case on Dateline
- WATCH: Full sentencing for Kaitlyn Conley
- Conley Trial: Prosecution vilifies Conley, defense accuses Yoder's husband
- Kaitlyn Conley murder trial to begin Monday
- Sarah and Shannon Conley talk about Dateline special
- Kaitlyn Conley murder retrial to begin with jury selection
- UPDATE: Kaitlyn Conley convicted of first-degree manslaughter