UTICA, N.Y.- It was United Way night at Saranac Thursday, and some of the volunteers were familiar faces from WKTV.
NewsChannel 2's Katrina Smith, Jill Reale, Callihan Marshall, Spencer Davidson, and Brent Kearney were all pouring beer on Thursday night as volunteers for Media Night.
Proceeds from the event benefit the local chapter of the United Way.
Event organizers say volunteers like our WKTV staff and other local media help make a difference in this annual event.
"Money goes to our local United Way. And then they are able to redistribute it to our community and give it to good causes throughout the local Utica community. The volunteers are a huge part of that." said Cooper Deck, a tour guide at the Saranac Brewery.
The NewsChannel 2 team certainly had fun serving beer Thursday evening. The band performing was 'The Bomb'.
- WKTV staff raises money for United Way at Saranac Thursday
- WKTV participates in Saranac Thursdays media night
- Saranac Brewery celebrates Octoberfest
- Lineup announced for 2018 Saranac Thursdays
- Brewery kicks off 20th year of Saranac Thursdays tonight
- Last year's Saranac Thursday total is breaking records
- Interested in volunteering at this year's Saranac Thursdays?
- Get ready! Saranac Thursday lineup announced ahead of 2019 season
- Heavy rain cancels Saranac Thursday, to be rescheduled
- Happy Holidays from WKTV!