If you need to escape the extreme cold that’s headed our way over the next couple days, there will be several “warming stations” throughout Herkimer County.
The following locations will be open to the public to warm up during this frigid weather:
- Village of Frankfort office building – 110 Railroad St., Frankfort: 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday-Friday
- Mohawk YMCA – 83 E. Main St., Mohawk: 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday-Thursday; 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Friday; 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday
- Basloe Library – 245 N. Main St., Herkimer: 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. Monday-Wednesday; 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Thursday-Friday; 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday
- Little Falls Library – 10 Waverly Pl., Little Falls: 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. Monday-Thursday; 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Friday; 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday
- Little Falls YMCA – 15 Jackson St., Little Falls: 7 a.m. to 9 p.m. Monday-Friday; 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday
- Dolgeville Manheim Library – 24 N. Main St., Dolgeville: Monday-Wednesday, Friday; 11 a.m. to 8 p.m. Thursday
- Ilion municipal building – 45 Morgan St., Ilion: 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday-Friday
The Herkimer County Office of Emergency Services is also offering the following tips for traveling in frigid weather conditions:
- Pay attention to weather condition reports
- Dress accordingly for outdoor activities
- Travel in pairs
- Carry a cellphone
If you have questions about cold weather safety, you can call the Herkimer County Public Health Department at 315-867-1176.
To keep up-to-date on the latest weather forecasts from the StormTracker 2 weather team, visit WKTV.com/weather. In the event of school/business closings and delays, they will be listed at WKTV.com/weather/closings.
- Warming stations available in Herkimer County this week
- Two more ‘Warming Stations’ now open in Herkimer County
- Warming shelters in Herkimer County are already being used
- Warm week ahead!
- Herkimer County approves 2018 budget
- Water rescue in Herkimer County
- Animal trouble in Herkimer County
- Herkimer County Envirothon competition held
- Gradual warm up this week
- 18 Herkimer County veterans added to memorial at Herkimer College