UPDATE: Mohawk Valley Water Authority officials say the main break in Whitesboro has been repaired.
WHITESBORO- Officials with the Mohawk Valley Water Authority have reported a water main break on Main Street in Whitesboro.
They recommend residents in that area and surrounding areas to run cold water only to see if it runs clear, and avoid using hot water if it's coming out discolored so sediment doesn't get in water tanks.
They said avoid washing clothes, and don't drink the water if it's coming out brown.
They advise residents to check their website to see when and if there's a boil water advisory.
- UPDATE: Whitesboro water main break repaired
- UPDATE: Water main repaired in Ilion following overnight break
- Water main break on Champlin Avenue
- Keeping up with water main breaks
- UPDATE: Water restored in Sauquoit following Mohawk Street main break
- Ilion water project to address water main breaks and discoloration
- Crews work on water main break in Utica
- Frigid weather causing dozens of local water main breaks
- Fort Plain Schools closed Thursday due to water main break
- Water main break on Remington Avenue in Ilion