Ilion, N.Y - The water issue continues into its fourth day in the village of Ilion. Hundreds of additional cases of water was brought into the village municipal building by the truck loads.
The village is still under a boil water advisory as crews continue to work on solving the problem. Residents still concerned on when things will go back to normal.
"We've had no water for two days the police came around today and said the we should have water today but it wont be drinkable. So we will still be having to get water," said Ilion resident Nancy Hart
A steady pace of residents arrived at the municipal building to pick up their case of water.
"We have a cat and a dog, and they drink a lot of water, so we are giving them bottled water at this point. We're getting water to drink, but its very difficult to do our basic house functions", said Ilion resident Sarah Park.
A couple of solutions have been brought to the table to try and fix Ilion's water problem. One of those solutions involved connecting Ilion's water system to the Mowhawk Valley Water Authority. The Mayor's office searching for a long term fix.
"We're looking for a long term solution and when I met with the governor the other day, we weren't interested in 5 maybe 10 years. We're looking for 50, 60 maybe a hundred years down the road, that's what we are aiming for," said Deputy Mayor Chuck Lester.
Representatives from the Governor's office say that fixing Ilion's water problem is high on his list.
- Water main breaks continue to burden Village of Ilion
- Ilion water problems continue
- Ilion water project to address water main breaks and discoloration
- Water main break on Remington Avenue in Ilion
- UPDATE: Water main repaired in Ilion following overnight break
- Water main breaks on Barringer Road in Ilion
- Second water main break discovered on Route 51 in Ilion
- BREAKING: Water Main on Route 51 in Ilion repaired
- Ilion experiences third water main break in a week
- Ilion village board approves 10 percent water rate hike