MARCY – Some residents in the town of Marcy will be without water for several hours on Wednesday due to maintenance work, according to the Mohawk Valley Water Authority.
Beginning at 9 a.m. Wednesday, April 11, Marcy residents on Fox Road between Route 291 and Ives Road, and residents on Irish Road will be without water. MVWA officials say they expect the outage to last at least four hours, until 1 p.m., at which time they will flush hydrants in the area to clear up discolored water.
MVWA officials say affected residents should store water prior to the outage for drinking during that time, and once the outage ends, check their water before doing laundry or running cold water. Customers should also not use hot water if their water is discolored.
There is no boil water advisory due to the maintenance work.
The map below shows the homes that will be affected by the outage. (Right-click on the photo and click "Open image in new tab" to enlarge)
- Water outage planned for some Marcy residents on Wednesday
- 2 injured in Marcy crash
- 1 man hospitalized following crash in Marcy
- Fire collapses roof at home in Marcy
- Marcy woman wins CMN $100,000 Miracle Drawing
- State police investigating thefts from vehicles in Marcy
- 1 person hurt in 2-car crash in Marcy
- Remembering the Marcy pedestrian bridge collapse of 2002
- Several crews respond to garage fire in Marcy
- Crews battle fire at Vince's U-Pull-It in Marcy