UTICA – It’s a special day Watson Williams Elementary School in Utica as the school unveiled its new sports wall on Friday.
The addition was sponsored by the Utica City School District with a grant of more than $14,000 from M&T Bank.
Principal Cheryl Minor says it will help not only with the students’ physical health, but their social skills as well.
“It helps because we can integrate all different curricular through the activities that are available through the sports wall,” said Principal Cheryl Minor.
“They have these ropes that you can hang onto and go across,” said sixth grade student Ramar Harvey. “They have like math games where you grab the math numbers and solve them.”
Beginning next week, the wall will be used in daily gym glasses.
- Watson Williams Elementary School unveils new sports wall
- Harlem Globetrotter visits New Hartford elementary school
- School officials discuss future of Annsville Elementary School
- Rome school board approves security officers for elementary schools
- Rainy weather affecting high school sports
- Boilermaker unveils new mobile app
- Seward unveils 2018 legislative priorities
- Local vets visit Stokes Elementary School for Veterans Day ceremony
- Annsville Elementary to close at end of school year