WEST POINT, N.Y. (AP) - West Point is honoring Buffalo Soldiers.
The African-American Buffalo Soldiers are famous for their service in conflicts including the Spanish-American War and both world wars.
The U.S. Military Academy is hosting its 57th annual Buffalo Soldier Memorial Ceremony on Sunday.
The ceremony will honor the 9th and 10th Cavalry Regiments of the Buffalo Soldiers, who were assigned to West Point from the early 1900s until 1946. They supported riding instruction and mounted drills for cadets.
The ceremony is being held on Buffalo Soldier Field.
(Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- West Point honors Buffalo Soldiers.
- After Texas shooting, Buffalo church plans training
- Corruption trial begins in Buffalo Billion case
- Medical marijuana dispensary opens in Buffalo
- On Point for College honors its mentors
- National Guard to honor Civil War's Irish Brigade soldiers
- Ohio student suspended for project meant to honor fallen soldiers
- Former President George W. Bush to be honored at West Point
- NYC, Buffalo-Rochester bid for Amazon's second headquarters
- Multiple crashes close snowy Thruway east of Buffalo