PLAINFIELD – A West Winfield man is facing charges after he allegedly threw a phone at his wife’s face and damaged a TV during a dispute, according to New York State Police.
Quintin Kemp, 33, is charged with felony second-degree assault and misdemeanor fourth-degree criminal mischief.
Police say around 7:50 a.m. Wednesday, Feb. 14, troopers responded to a report of an earlier dispute that allegedly occurred on County Highway 18A in the town of Plainfield.
Police say during a verbal dispute Kemp allegedly threw a cell phone at his wife, which struck her in the face and caused a laceration. Kemp also allegedly damaged a flat-screen TV worth more than $250.
Kemp’s wife was treated for her injuries at a local hospital and then released. An order of protection has been issued on her behalf.
Kemp was arraigned in the Town of Richfield Court and sent to the Otsego County Jail on $2,500 cash bail or $5,000 bond. He’s scheduled to appear in court again on Feb. 21.
- West Winfield man accused of assaulting wife with cell phone, damaging TV
- West Winfield remembers 9-11
- Fire Destroys West Winfield Home
- West Winfield run/walk for veterans
- Mug Club: West Winfield Fireman's Field Days
- Boilermaker 2018 - A story of perseverance for West Winfield man
- Fire crews respond to house fire in West Winfield
- Great American in West Winfield closing this month
- Deputies ID West Winfield man killed in 3-vehicle crash on Route 233
- Griffo, AT&T kick off annual 'Cell Phones For Soldiers' collection