Inlet, N.Y. - Inlet Police say a Western New York man was killed Friday night in a snowmobile accident.
Police say 46-year-old Thomas Hetherington of Middlesex, New York, which is in Yates county near Canandaigua Lake, was killed when he failed to negotiate a curve and struck a tree.
Police say it happened on a snowmobile trail on Browns Tract Rd. near Raquette Lake in Inlet. Police say some people Hetherington was riding with tried to come to his aid but were unsuccessful in reviving him.
Police say Hetherington was transported by the Raquette Lake Fire Department using a rescue-boggan to Uncas Rd., where he pronounced dead by Hamilton County Coroner Donald Townsend.
Police say the cause of the accident appears to be unsafe speed and icy trail conditions.
- Western New York man killed in snowmobile accident in Inlet
- Man critically injured after Inlet snowmobile crash
- Man dies in Lewis County snowmobile accident
- 25-year-old dead in snowmobile accident
- Snowmobilers weigh in on 2 fatal accidents.
- Holland Patent man injured in Trenton snowmobile accident
- 20-year-old charged for allegedly disobeying construction flagger in Inlet
- Rome Snowmobile Patrol
- Are Snowmobiles Too Loud?
- Vintage snowmobiles and tradition