WESTMORELAND, N.Y. -- Monday was the ribbon cutting and official opening of the enhanced walking trail and new pavilion at the Westmoreland Town Park.
Senator Joe Griffo was able to secure $75,000 from the state to complete this project.
The project included a new pavilion and an enhanced 2.3 mile walking trail for residents and visitors to enjoy. The trail connects the park to the Rising Stars complex on Route 233.
Griffo says receiving this grant money to complete this project was important, and he says these new additions to the park help enhance the quality of life for people in the town.
"Anytime you can make improvements from a recreational perspective, in the parks and trail systems here to allow this type of access to have this type of opportunity to use this for exercise, for recreational purposes, that’s a great sound investment of public funds in my opinion,” said Griffo.
The senator also secured $60,000 in state funding for the Westmoreland Town Pool, which the town is working to get open for the season.
- Westmoreland Town Park unveils new pavilion, enhanced walking trail
- Mug Club: Westmoreland Town Park Spring Fling
- Westmoreland town pool officially opens
- Westmoreland Pool Fundraiser
- NEWSTALK: Halloween in Westmoreland
- Will the Westmoreland Town Pool be ready to open soon?
- Westmoreland residents receive KKK materials
- Westmoreland Masonic Lodge Open House
- Three injured in Westmoreland accident
- Moonlight trail walk at Delta Lake coming up Saturday