An out-of-town production crew is working to make a beer commercial, but they’re also trying to keep the details secret. We can’t give away too much, but Producer Martin Ortiz tells us the main character confuses the country Russia with the town of Russia, New York, and ends up here.
"When the agency came with this idea we said we definitely have to go to Russia, New York. We can’t shoot this anywhere else," Ortiz said. "Because you want to be as real as possible and just bring everything you know, as close as it could be to being real."
The production company also put out a casting call for commercial ‘extras.'
"Those extras are being used for basically to participate and be like local people. Like to show the community how they are and just be fun with our characters basically."
Hinckley Resident Barbara Palm was called to be an extra, and tells us what the experience is like.
"Oh they are excellent. I get a kick out of the little production girl. She’s awesome," Palm said. "When we were up in Poland every time she said "action," a big truck would come right through us … like she was calling them."
Keeping the details of the advertisement under wraps is difficult when you’re shooting it in public, but Martin Ortiz tells us that’s pretty standard procedure.
"We can’t say anything until the spots air. It’s a usual standard of the market that you have to keep it secret," Ortiz said.
This commercial is being kept so secret, we can’t even give you a completion date, or even what country it’s supposed to air in. We’ll just have to figure that out on our own.
- What goes into making a beer commercial
- Beer commercial being filmed in Utica this month
- Harried Housewife: Beer Bread
- Boilermaker post-race party beer announced
- Pizza Hut expands beer delivery service
- Mug Club: "Beer Music" Chamber Music Concert
- 'Brewtica' craft beer festival set for April
- The world's biggest beer company is looking at making cannabis drinks
- 3 injured in 2-car crash on Commercial Drive
- Local pit bull featured in national pet food commercial