We know it, we own it. This past Saturday we had forecasted for mostly sunny skies especially the farther north you go. We also had said Friday night, there would be the potential for isolated showers the farther south you go as a Low pressure system was expected to pass through our area overnight.
So what happened? The computer models had botched not only the the projected path of the Low pressure system but it's timing as well. The low pressure not only shifted slightly north (encompassing the thruway south) It also moved a lot slower out of our viewing area. This brought higher than expected rainfall totals.
Where do we go from here? Our advice to you is to keep checking the forecast, the forecast can always change. Some events are well handled, some are not. The information put out Saturday morning was far more helpful than what was said Friday night - and that is at least one thing that was handled well.
- What happened with Saturday's Forecast
- What happened?
- Happening at the Uptown Theatre
- "Lady Doritos"? It's not happening, PepsiCo says
- Drums Along the Mohawk Happening Tonight
- What's Happening Locally Today?: Family Fun Events
- What happened to Bambi the cat?
- List of college graduations happening locally
- Bavarian Festival happening this weekend in Marcy
- Capitolfest happening this weekend in Rome