Fish fry: whether you like it crispy and flaky, or beer-battered and juicy – even those of you who prefer yours without the breading – we here at WKTV want to know who has the best in the area.
Traditionally battered or breaded fried fish, served with fries and coleslaw, and don’t forget the lemon slices, tartar sauce and ketchup – the greater Mohawk Valley area has restaurants, diners, legions, VFWs and even clubs that deliver some quality fish dishes.
Even if you aren’t particularly religious, but love this time of year for the glorious seafood choices that seem to tease your taste buds every single Friday – let us know which eatery makes you wanting more this fish dry season!
For those of you who don’t know, fish fries became popular to the Christian community during the Lenten season because they fast from eating meat on the Fridays (although some follow more restrictions) leading up to Easter.
If you are ordering a fish fry in Upstate New York, it typically consists of haddock or cod, but some places do offer other selections. Fried clams, calamari, scallops and crabcakes are other favorites this time of year. And let’s face it, the Utica area loves a good fish fry all year long.
So, comment below and tell us where you are heading for your fish delicacies this Friday!
- What's your favorite fish fry spot in the Mohawk Valley?
- Local fish fry cancellations
- We asked, you answered: Now vote for the No. 1 fish fry in the Mohawk Valley
- Locals celebrate Lent with annual fish fry
- Mug Club: 40 & 8 Fish Frys
- Mohawk Valley recognizes Good Friday
- DiNapoli: Mohawk Valley facing economic challenges, but there are some bright spots
- Mohawk Valley Latino Association holds annual gala
- Mohawk Valley Water Authority Talks Freezing Pipes
- Dangerous travel conditions in the Mohawk Valley