CHICAGO - A Florida man who grew up in the Utica area made news when he surprised his boyfriend with a marriage propsal while taking photos with actress Brie Larson.
John Chambrone, who attended Whitesboro High School and Mohawk Valley Community College, was at the Ace Comic Con with Richard Owen taking photos with Larson, star of "Captain Marvel" and other films in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. During the photo shoot Chambrone dropped to one knee and proposed to Owen, which stunned him and Larson. Owen accepted on the spot, to the delight of Larson and onlookers.
Larson later tweeted about the proposal, which gained interest from several online publications.
Y’all I was present for a proposal and I am CHANGED. Much love to the happy couple!!!! https://t.co/UMc4WofFja
— Brie Larson (@brielarson) October 13, 2019
- Whitesboro grad surpises boyfriend with Comic Con proposal
- Veterans Recognized in Whitesboro
- Whitesboro Street Demolition
- Whitesboro Police Investigate YouCaring Scam
- Flood relief for Whitesboro residents
- Cancer survivors honored in Whitesboro
- Comic book legend Stan Lee dies at 95
- Whitesboro Warriors 'Volley for the Cure'
- UPDATE: Whitesboro water main break repaired
- Whitesboro school officials move students' walkout inside