A Whitesboro man has been arrested in connection to the robbery at GPO Federal Credit Union on Monday, according to the Utica Police Department.
Joshua Smith, 38, is charged with felony third-degree robbery.
Police say Smith walked into GPO Federal Credit Union, located at 2711 Genesee Street, just before 5 p.m. Monday, April 9, and handed a note to a female teller demanding money. The teller then gave Smith an undisclosed amount of money and he fled the credit union.
Police say they believe Smith visited Adirondack Bank on Genesee Street in south Utica prior to the robbery at GPO Federal Credit Union. He talked with employees at Adirondack Bank but then left without incident, according to police.
- Whitesboro man arrested in connection to GPO Federal Credit Union robbery
- CMN 2018 Thanks GPO Federal Credit Union
- Utica police investigating robbery at GPO Federal Credit Union
- Utica Police seek identity of man in connection to GPO robbery
- First Source Federal Credit Union announces leadership changes
- Deputies investigating reported robbery in Whitesboro
- Dolgeville GPO worker accused of stealing from someone's checking account
- Veterans Recognized in Whitesboro
- Whitesboro Street Demolition
- CMN 2018 Thanks Utica-Rome Credit Union Association