UTICA- Millennials talk about why they chose Utica as their place to settle down.
A study done by realtor.com ranked Utica as number 9 across the nation for home purchases by millennials. These statistics are determined by the number of transactions millennials are involved in.
Licensed Real Estate broker for One Realty Partners, David Paciello said affordability has a lot to do with it. "That is because we're a late cycle compared to prior generations to the market and they're coming droves now. Home prices are low, we are the last pocket in Upstate New York where you can buy an affordable home."
Paciello said most of his millennial clients are searching for homes in the $120,000- $180,000 range, but they ultimately want something that's move in ready.
The Orts family moved into their Utica home in 2016, and there are several reasons why they chose Utica. "I think it was because of the exponential growth especailly within the past year specifically," said Kelley Orts. "I mean you see Baggs Square and all these little shops expanding into the area."
Both Kelley and her husband Ryan said family also played a role in their decision.
Paciello said it's important for his team of agents to have relatability with all their clients.
- Why millennials are choosing Utica as their place to settle down
- Utica neighbor dispute settled in court
- Choosing a career in agriculture
- MVHS chooses new President/CEO
- Cold weather settling in
- More millennials looking to buy homes
- An early winter settles in...
- Local investment company holds 'Millennial Millionaire' workshop to help millennials with financial planning
- New street festival, Utica Summerfest, to take place in June