A low pressure system will bring widespread rain for the first half of Friday. The rain
will be heavy at times with some gusty winds as well.
It all starts Thursday night. A warm front passes through the region with some light rain. It
also brings in some warmer air with a breezy South wind. Overnight lows are expected to stay in
the lower 40s, which is 20 degrees above normal for March in Utica!
The rain becomes widespread by early Friday morning, with temperatures already in the lower 50s!
Bands of embedded heavier rain showers are possible. Just before noon, another round of heavier
rain showers move through ahead of a cold front. Highs reach the upper 50s just before the cold
front passes by in the afternoon.
Behind this cold front is a few lingering rain showers with more sunshine! Temperatures will
rapidly decrease as the wind changes to a strong Northwest flow. This will bring in lots of cold
air from Canada. Temperatures drop almost 30 degrees with overnight lows plummeting to near 30
- Widespread rain Friday
- First widespread frost Friday night
- Another round of widespread snow expected Friday
- Widespread light snow returns
- Heavy rain possible Friday
- Pockets of Freezing Rain Friday
- The first widespread frost of the season
- UPDATE: Widespread power outage mostly restored
- First widespread snowfall in the books
- Flu is widespread across the US