Photo Gallery 2 Images
The wife of the Dolgeville man who went missing 10 days ago is pleading for her husband’s safe return.
Police say 57-year-old John Camardello went missing the evening of Friday, Sept. 14.
His family told NEWSChannel 2 last week that on Sept. 14, Camardello was having a bad day at work and decided to come home early. They say he went up to his room, got a gun out of the case and then left the house without saying anything. He didn’t return within a few hours as expected, and the next day police reported him as missing.
Police say Camardello is armed and a danger to himself. He may be driving a Toyota FJ Cruiser with a white top, black bottom, and a fifth wheel with a Grim Reaper emblem.
Police say there have been possible vehicle sightings that didn’t turn out to be anything. Other than that, there haven’t been many leads regarding his disappearance.
“I need him home,” said Patricia Camardello, John’s wife. “We need him home. His kids need him home. No matter what. Everybody's here to help him; he's not in any trouble. We just need to help him. And get him back to who he really is.”
The Dolgeville community has organized a vigil for 7 p.m. Thursday at Plowe Park, located at 48 S. Main St. in Dolgeville. Police say they’re hoping to spread more awareness in the hopes of generating more leads.
If you have any information regarding Camardello’s whereabouts, you’re asked to call the Herkimer County 911 Center at 315-866-0974.
- Wife of missing Dolgeville man pleads for his safe return
- Dolgeville community holds vigil for missing man
- Missing Dolgeville Man's body found in Fairfield
- Police asking for help in locating missing Dolgeville man
- Family and friends of missing Dolgeville man speak out
- Dolgeville police continue investigating case of missing man
- Dolgeville man accused of assaulting ex-girlfriend
- Dolgeville man accused of raping child
- Mug Club: Dolgeville Violet Festival
- 14-year-old missing in Rome found safe, returned home