DES MOINES, Iowa (AP) - A winning ticket for a giant lottery jackpot estimated at $521 million has been sold in New Jersey.
Mega Millions says one winning ticket was sold in Friday night's drawing. The winning numbers were 11, 28, 31, 46, 59 and Mega Ball 1. No additional details on where the ticket was sold were available Saturday.
It's the nation's 10th-largest lottery jackpot. No one has matched all six numbers drawn since January.
The $521 million figure refers to the annuity option, in which payments are made over 29 years. The cash option would pay $317 million.
Mega Millions is played in 44 states plus Washington, D.C., and the U.S. Virgin Islands.
(Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Winning ticket for Mega Millions jackpot sold in New Jersey
- Mega Millions jackpot winning numbers
- Mega Millions jackpot rises to $521 million
- Single ticket in South Carolina wins $1.537 billion Mega Millions jackpot
- Mega Millions jackpot soars to $900 million, second-highest
- Powerball, Mega Millions jackpots rise to nearly $1 billion combined
- Mega Millions jackpot reaches $1B as drawing nears
- Megamillions ticket worth $3,000,000 sold in Boonville
- $100,000 Miracle Drawing tickets SOLD OUT!
- Who has the winning $3 million ticket?