Cooperstown, N.Y. - Unlike Hall of Fame Weekend in July which draws tens of thousands of people from all over the country, the Cooperstown Winter Carnival here in early February is really more about a big celebration for the locals.
The annual carnival isn’t a one stop shop on Main Street, it’s a series of winter-themed events all over the village.
From a hike along the beautiful trail behind the Clark Athletic Center, to a Bingo Brunch at Brewery Ommegang, there's something to do for everyone in Cooperstown both indoors and outdoors during Winter Carnival 2020
Besides offering Bingo Brunch, Brewery Ommegang also offered sledding and skating this weekend.
Brewery Ommegang Events Manager Alexa Mason says this weekend-long event is a great way to get everyone out of the house during the winter months, “It’s really important to have a winter carnival in Cooperstown, it’s so beautiful. Summer seems to get really busy with the tourism and this basically is getting locals in the community together and making sure that all the local businesses are able to spread their love.”
Some visitors from out of the area do help fill up the village during this winter carnival weekend.
Laura Nadriczny and Vinay Perohit, a young engaged couple from the Danbury, Connecticut area, made the trip to Cooperstown this weekend just for the winter carnival.
Nadriczny says besides being in love with each other, she and Vinay both have fallen in love with Cooperstown during this, their first trip here, “I love it here, I’ve actually been looking at property online since we’ve been here because it’s just so cute.”
- Winter Carnival wraps up in Cooperstown
- Old Forge Winter Carnival: an Olympic weekend
- Community School Carnival provides more than just a carnival atmosphere
- Olympic pride welcome at Winter Carnival in Old Forge
- Olympic art displays, holiday events in Cooperstown as winter approaches
- Cooperstown Says Goodbye to Graduates
- Proposed parking plan in Cooperstown
- Cooperstown woman celebrates 102nd birthday
- Annual Oktoberfest underway in Cooperstown
- Weller Library in Mohawk hosts summer carnival to raise funds