Now that the snow has ended this morning, our main focus now turns to the snow on Wednesday. There are still winter storm watches for most of Central NY, with winter storm warnings for Hamilton and Northern Fulton Counties. I am sure the National Weather Service will update these watches later on today.
Clouds begin to increase tonight, with early morning Wednesday starting out dry. Some may even have a dry morning commute. So as you wake up, don't expect significant snowfall to be on the ground. Snow becomes widespread between 7AM and 9AM, staying light throughout the morning but the intensity picks up during the afternoon.
Warm air aloft tries to nudge into the Catskills on Wednesday afternoon, close enough where some mixing is possible for southern Otsego and southern Chenango Counties. For the rest of the region, it will be cold enough to stay all snow during the afternoon and evening. This will be a fast moving storm, only snowing for about 12 hours on Wednesday. The snow tapers off by Wednesday evening into Wednesday night. Here is our latest snowfall forecast:
- Winter Storm Wednesday
- Winter storm expected Friday...
- Proctor winter ball postponed as winter storm approaches
- The first winter storm of the season
- Winter storm affecting travel along east coast
- A look back at Winter Storm Stella
- First winter storm of the season
- Round 1 of first winter storm of the season arrives
- Winter storm causing slippery conditions on local roadways