An Ice Storm Warning has been issued for Otsego County, a Winter Storm Warning for Northern and Southern Herkimer County, a Winter Weather Advisory for Northern and Southern Oneida County, and Lewis and Jefferson County.
Rain and freezing rain are expected to impact our area Sunday night into Monday evening. Here are the latest details...
Precipitation will start out as either rain or freezing rain depending on temperature. Sunday night lows will be in the lower 30s, around the freezing mark. However, areas such as the Tug Hill Plateau, Adirondacks, and higher elevations of Otsego County will have colder temperatures. This means the freezing rain will freeze onto the ground easier and faster. These areas are expected to have the highest ice accumulation from this freezing rain. Around 0.25" to 0.50" of ice is expected, with up to locally 0.75" in the higher elevations in the Adirondacks.
Heading into Monday, watch out for some icy roads and strong wind for your morning and evening commute. The
heaviest freezing rain will be for your morning commute with temperatures in the lower 30s. By the
afternoon, highs will only reach the mid 30s, with higher elevations cooler around the freezing mark. The
freezing rain doesn't end until Monday night. Throughout the day, wind speeds will be around 20mph with
gusts up to 40mph. The combination of icy roads and strong wind could create dangerous travel. Be careful
driving and only drive if you have to.
- Winter and Ice Storm Warnings and Advisories for Sunday and Monday
- Winter storm warning in effect for Sunday through Monday night
- Winter Storm Warnings for Monday night
- Sunshine Sunday then Ice on Monday
- Winter Storm Wednesday
- Winter storm expected Friday...
- Travel advisory for Monday, August 26
- Winter Storm Warning in effect, several inches of snow likely
- ICE to begin nationwide immigration raids Sunday
- Local Sunday-Monday snowfall totals