The weather pattern started out very snowy for the first half of March. We got a break from the snow over the past week, mainly due to the four'easter (4th nor'easter) missing our area, for a change! The sunshine we've seen over the past week hasn't brought much in the way of warmth. Air temperatures have averaged in the 30s with overnight lows in the single digits and teens. This is much colder than the typical mid 40s we see this time of year.
The weather patterns will change as we head into early next week. A weak disturbance brings the risk of snow showers on Friday. Breezy and cold, with highs in the mid 30s. The weather slowly begins to change beginning this weekend. Sunshine on Saturday and Sunday, with highs in the upper 30s to near 40. The overall weather pattern that's brought the cold weaks this weekend.
The jet stream is expected to lift northward early next week, and that will allow temperatures to climb into the 40s, perhaps 50 degrees by Tuesday and Wednesday!
- Winter slowly loses its grip
- Arctic blast grips East Coast
- U.S. factories grew more slowly in October
- Power slowly coming back 3 days after nor'easter
- Virtual Training slowly becoming a reality for law enforcement
- Flu epidemic continues to loosen its grip on NY state
- Upstate New York remains gripped in bone-chilling cold
- How a $367,000 GoFundMe scam started with $20 and a good story -- but slowly unraveled
- Rogue herd of buffalo in Otsego County located, slowly making its way home
- Winter Reminders