We hit 60 on Wednesday afternoon and yet snow is in the forecat for Friday. Welcome to the Northeast! Here are the details:
-Rain begins Thursday evening, quickly transitioning to snow Thursday night
-Heavy snow expected Thursday night and Friday.
-Snow slowly comes to an end early Saturday morning
-Heavy accumulations expected, especially in the higher elevations south of the Mohawk Valley
Here's the snowfall forecast:
There are some significant uncertainties in this situation, meaning the forecast is likely going to change. Temperatures will be near freezing throughout this entire event. We are relying on heavy precipitation to occur throughout the entire event to keep surface temperatures near or below freezing. If the precipitation lightens up, snow will change over to rain showers in the lower elevations. We're taking this into account when making our forecast for the lower elevations. The higher elevations are expected to stay snow throughout this entire event.
- Winter storm expected Friday...
- Accumulating snow expected Friday
- Winter Storm Wednesday
- Snow and ice expected Friday
- NYSDOT prepares for winter storm
- A brief wintry mix expected Friday
- Another round of widespread snow expected Friday
- Proctor winter ball postponed as winter storm approaches
- The first winter storm of the season