RANDOLPH, N.Y. (AP) - State police say they've charged a 73-year-old woman in connection with the hit-and-run death of a man whose body was found along a rural road in western New York last spring.
Troopers say they arrested Marylou Johnson Friday, five months to the day that a passing all-terrain vehicle rider spotted a man's body on a road in the Cattaraugus County town of Randolph, near the Pennsylvania border.
Police later identified the man as 48-year-old Wilfredo Rodriguez-Colon, of Busti (BUHS'-ty) in neighboring Chautauqua County.
An investigation revealed he had been hit by a vehicle. Police say more interviews led to the arrest of Johnson, also of Busti.
The charges against her include manslaughter, driving while intoxicated and leaving the scene of an incident without reporting it.
Johnson's public defender wasn't available to comment on the charges.
(Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Woman, 73, charged in man's hit-and-run death in April
- Augusta man charged after Monday morning hit & run
- Man charged with manslaughter in connection to Utica woman's death
- Little Falls woman charged after hit-and-run DWI crash with kids in vehicle
- Rome man faces felony charges after 2017 fatal hit and run crash
- Rusty Staub, slugger who played 23 seasons, dies at 73
- New Hartford Police Investigate Hit-and-Run
- Oneida woman charged with fraud
- Scores 2-Day: April 3, 2018
- Scores 2-Day: April 7, 2018