Utica, N.Y. - Utica Police say a woman and a child were both struck by gunfire in Utica Friday evening.
It happened around 6:30 P.M. Friday in the 1500 block of Dudley Avenue.
Police are not releasing the ages or identities of the two victims, but they do say their injuries are not life threatening and are believed not to have been the targets of the shots.
Police say they are still trying to determine whether this was a drive-by shooting.
They are interviewing witnesses.
- Woman and child shot on Dudley Avenue in Utica
- Residents safe following fire on Dudley Avenue
- Investigation continues into Dudley Ave. shooting that left woman, child injured
- Utica woman arrested for Brinckerhoff Avenue stabbing
- Shots fired on Churchill Avenue
- Utica police make fourth arrest in shots fire incident on Brinckerhoff Avenue
- Man walking on Kossuth Avenue shot in leg, investigation underway
- Practice grenades prompted Utica evacuation on Tilden Avenue
- Teenager arrested following Utica shooting on Lincoln Avenue
- Utica teen charged in May shooting on Brinckerhoff Avenue